I finally decided to write a blog. In part because I think my journey should be chronicled and in part because I realize my friends and family should be able to keep up with what's going on with me and my child. Well, that and it's a great way to procrastinate on all the writing I really need to get to. So, multiple reasons!
THAT said... away we go.
So, today, I'm 33weeks and 4 days pregnant. I'm hot, sticky and HUGE. I know it's a little selfish, but I'm sick to death of being pregnant. I do need to clean my son's room, do a little organizing, and attend a labor class before I will actually be ready for Salahaldin to show up... so I'm not begging him to come out immediately. And, I'd like him to grow a little. 34weeks is a bit too soon for his emergence.
BUT it is ridiculously hot. And I'm the chick that prefers it hot outside! But pregnant in the summer makes it just miserable. I keep thinking that timing a summer birth probably wasn't the smartest thing I've ever done. But I really didn't think I'd be this dang miserable! It is so ridiculously hot --inside and hot-- that leaving the house is just not an option. And I feel so bad for being a hermit! I'm trying hard not beat myself up for not going to church..again..today. It just wasn't an option for me to actually get out of bed to go be miserable in public. But it makes me feel like I'm not taking ministry seriously. Eventually, I guess, I'll get to the point where I understand that I'm actually pregnant and can't do everything I would normally do. Right... I've got about 6weeks left to adjust to being pregnant... yeah, should've done that by now.
It's not like I don't love my son -- I do. This is really a dream come true. But... ENOUGH already!

No comments:
Post a Comment