Friday, July 18, 2008

This Week's Top Ten!

Top Ten: reasons I wish I had a partner
10. To go get ice cream and popsicles at 1am
9. To wash my car (seriously...it's been a few years!)
8. To massage my feet
7. To have effective conversations with the guys at Home Depot
6. To bring in extra money
5. To run all my errands
4. To cook me breakfast
3. To unload my truck when I buy bedroom sets
2. To load and unload the dishwasher
1. We would have a bigger apartment!
Okay, so maybe I just need a maid...and a handyman... and a day at the spa.
But, honestly, there are a couple of things I didn't consider when choosing single motherhood. The top of the list, really, is that pregnant women can't move furniture. I don't do dependent well and, here, I am, unable to actually do the simple things in my own house. Frustrating is so not the word for it! I feel so utterly useless... sitting around waiting for someone to come do something for me. What happened to standing on your own two feet? What happened to do for yourself? Okay, so I get it: I can't actually carry lil boy and ... anything else at the same time. And he is the priority. But it's God-awfully dehumanizing!

No comments: